Blue Square is a design and build consultancy led by principal Lee Cooper and aided by a loose collective of experienced specialists. We've been involved in a wide variety of projects over the last 25 years and on this page you will find a very small selection, along with some endorsements from satisfied clients.
BSH Product Launch, Falkirk Wheel
- 500sqm sales conference to launch energy efficient products
- Back projected recycled textile walls, recycled carpets, water-based paints
- Seating made from cardboard with car-window trim
- Recycled card graphic walls and LED lights throughout
- Carbon footprint calculated and offset by client
We've had long-term relationships with global market leaders, who look for a cohesive campaign across platforms, but we also get a huge thrill from working on projects with the superstars of tomorrow, who want to make their own mark. Wherever you are in your journey, our main principle is to listen and to work with you to achieve your goal.
Compassion in World Farming – European Roadshow
- Series of press events to raise awareness about the environmental damage caused by factory farming
- Portable illuminated box with hinged door ‘reveal’
- Compact transportation and quick to assemble
- Printed cable management floor with iPads
“I worked with Lee on the design and final realization of exhibition stands for home appliances of different brands. For us as a multi-brand company it was always of high importance to combine great designs reflecting the different brand identities, standing out of the crowd and delivering our message in both look and feel, and to work within a tight budget. Lee was always able to meet our expectations, providing us valuable consultancy in the process of creating innovative ideas and to materialize these ideas together with his team in a way which enabled us to meet our targets set. His great personality and experience, his vast knowledge and sensitivity in difficult circumstances facilitated all processes and we were never let down.”
Ekkehard Rabold – Marketing Director, Bosch Siemens Hausgerate GMBH
Bosch Appliances - CIH Trade Show, NEC
- Custom built structure for new product launch
- Circular elements re-used throughout the year
- Winner of Best Stand in Show
Our designs can be custom made or utilise modular system, sometimes it's a mixture of both. We embrace new technology, which can be used to increase impact, heighten experiences and measure the success of the project. We also prefer to use environmentally responsible products wherever possible.
Sky Sports: Mobile AR Studios for Premier League
- Precision green screen units for Augmented Reality programming
- Printed flooring for pin-point camera positioning
- Compact transportation and rapid installation
“Lee’s hands on approach and willingness to problem solve on an extremely tight deadline enabled us to produce a quality product with the resilience to be transported around the UK in a very demanding environment. We wouldn’t hesitate to work with Lee on future projects..”
Mike Rudell - Innovation Manager, Sky TV
RDO Kitchens & Appliances - Reigate Showroom
- Design and installation of manufacturers areas for Bosch, Neff, Siemens, AEG & Blomberg
- Close collaboration with store owners to dovetail into their complete renovation of the building
- Winner of ERT National Showroom of the Year
Siemens: IQ Centres, Retail Project
- Launched as custom built display at Harrods
- Rolled out nationwide as modular system installations
- Live cooking stations & product trial
- Touchscreen programme specially designed to measure cost-saving, based on reduced energy and water consumption
Since the recession and the events leading up to Brexit, we've seen a trend towards re-usable modular system which can offer greater flexibility and ROI than custom built solutions. They also get installed a lot quicker which reduces the on-site costs. We are now based at the premises of the UK's leading manufacturer, who can fabricate tailor-made modular solutions in-house, based on our designs.
- installed in a single day for minimal loss of business
- no fixing or damage to the fabric of the building
- adaptable for future growth, take it when you leave and re-install/re-configure
- cantilevered desks and freestanding walls for maximum feeling of space
- green walls and chill out zones for a calmer, more productive working environment
We have even designed and manufactured our own very successful modular floor system, which facilitates cable management and integrates into both modular system and custom built structures. It was conceived due to the absence of a really low modular floor that you could run a cable under - the existing taller systems required such big ramps that we were losing too much usable space. The aim was also to counter some of the huge waste in exhibition halls and make something useful out of plastic rubbish.
- ultra low modular raised floor system
- range of compatible structural and display accessories
- made from reprocessed plastic in smooth or studded finish
- Winner of Sustainable Urban Design and Office Modules categories at the International Design Awards, L.A.